Cotlands is always looking for individuals who are willing to donate their time, goods (especially goods off our wish list) and/or services.
HOW VOLUNTEERING WORKS
Volunteering at Cotlands affords individuals, community groups and corporates a variety of opportunities to add value to the organisation by contributing their time and expertise. Volunteers in this programme assist a particular region by catering to their needs in the form of skills, energy and time.
Some of the following activities may be carried out at your venue – the workplace, home, school, church, community, etc.
- sorting toys and categorising toys for the toy library and early learning playgroups;
- collecting used and new goods to donate as per the wish list:
- dress up outfits
- clothing birth to 6 years
- tinned food
- food parcels;
- toy repairs and cleaning;
- making toys from recycled waste;
- events and functions;
- special interest skills (social media, photography, videography, admin assistance); and
- admin, HR, marketing, PR, social media, fundraising, etc.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Download your volunteer application form
Step 2: Complete your volunteer application form
Step 3: Submit your completed volunteer application form via email to the relevant regional contact as listed in the table below
Step 4: You will be contacted by the relevant office in your area to arrange a meeting based on your area of interest and/activity
*Please note that copies of all emails to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as well
|Region||Contact person||E-mail address|
|Gauteng (Ormonde)||Bongi Dlaminiemail@example.com|
|Western Cape (Somerset West)||Gary Janekefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kwazulu Natal (Hlabisa)||Thembelihle Ngobeseemail@example.com|
|Eastern Cape (East London)||Chwayita Mpohlofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mpumalanga (Lydenburg)||Thandi Mdakaemail@example.com|
If you have any questions on volunteering, for Frequently Asked Questions see below.
We are looking for committed and reliable volunteers who will add value in the areas where help is most needed.
We’ve been successfully running the volunteer programme for more than 15 years.
Yes, volunteers have played an integral part in assisting Cotlands achieve its objectives.
It’s a way of giving to those less fortunate than yourself and it helps you appreciate what you have.
- In keeping the spirit of Ubuntu alive, it is important for all of us to have a spirit of giving and self-sacrifice instead of a sense of entitlement
- You are helping vulnerable children gain access to vital resources and stimulation when ordinarily they would not have these necessities due to poverty and logistics
We are always on the lookout for people who are generous, supportive, humble, patient, honest and loving/caring.